BBB & IMX6 Hummingboard SDIO driver

Ilya Bakulin ilya at bakulin.de
Mon Jul 24 12:36:19 UTC 2017

On 2017-07-23 00:34, Russell Haley wrote:
> - My observation is that it's slow. I have no concrete data (yet) and
> quite possibly have forgotten how slow Arm and SD cards really are. I
> have hesitated to add your patch as I do want to test in various
> states to collect data (i.e. regular BBB kernel, MMCCAM kernel, MMCCAM
> kernel with changes).

With the debugging prints turned on it's expected that everything is
deadly slow.
So please do `camcontrol debug off` before running any performance
tests.
Even without debugging stuff the old stack might be faster on at least
UHS-I cards because
the new stack doesn't yet support UHS-I.

I've been doing some simple performance tests before, and performance
both of the old
and the new stack was limited by SD card, not by anything in code.
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Ilya Bakulin