BBB & IMX6 Hummingboard SDIO driver

Ilya Bakulin ilya at bakulin.de
Fri Jul 21 19:31:24 UTC 2017

On 21.07.17 01:08, Russell Haley wrote:

> In an effort to eliminate as many of MY errors as possible, I copied a
> BB snapshot image from July 17. Once that successfully booted and I
> had an ip address and written an echo to file, I replaced the kernel
> with a BEAGLEBONE-MMCCAM kernel. I did not see the same results as I
> did with my own image built using an older revision, so I am
> discarding my kernel panic for now. The snapshot with a
> BEAGELBONE-MMCCAM kernel (r321242) doesn't panic, but it fails to
> mount the second slice on mmcsd0s2. My complete "lots of freakin
> output" (you weren't kidding) is here: https://pastebin.com/CrWYPZtv
>
> For completeness sake I created a standard BEAGELBONE kernel and
> installed it and everything booted fine.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Russ

MMCCAM creates the device named sdda0, not mmcsd0.
To make the life easier just create a GEOM label for the mmcsd0s2 and
change /etc/fstab to mount the partition by label instead of device name.
Then the system will do the right thing (c) no matter what MMC stack you
use.

Thank you for testing the MMCCAM-enabled kernel, I appreciate this.

--
Ilya