Getting WRT3200ACM supported in FreeBSD

Daniel Engberg daniel.engberg.lists at pyret.net
Fri Jul 21 07:40:08 UTC 2017

Hi,

I asked a few weeks ago about getting Linksys WRT1900ACS and/or WR1200AC
supported in FreeBSD and got positive initial responses. Looking around
I found that the premium model WRT3200ACM goes on sale randomly and ends
up cheaper/at the same price than the ones above. The major difference
is the higher clock frequency, different switch and wifi (less important
as FreeBSD doesn't support the WIFI chipsets). The switch (88E6352) is
listed in the marvell switch driver so I suppose it's supported. While
I'm not a very good programmer I can sort out minor issues in code but
I'm stuck on how to import the DTS file and I'm told that the Armada
stuff is a bit "different" so I'm asking for a bit of help or at least
pointers on how to go about it. It would be really nice to have a easily
available box/platform that runs FreeBSD, has several ethernet ports and
isn't expensive.

gonzo@ kindly offered to help but he's been busy lately and I don't
really want to nag about it. As a sidenote it seems that quite a few
people on #bsdmips have this router so it would be nice to get it
working.

The DTS-file is in the Linux kernel tree:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/arch/arm/boot/dts/armada-385-linksys-rango.dts

Specs:
https://wikidevi.com/wiki/Linksys_WRT3200ACM

In case anyone is wondering about the serial port it's a 6-pin 2.0 mm
JST connector (with pins soldered).

Best regards,
Daniel