Making PLATFORM a requirement on armv6

Andrew Turner andrew at fubar.geek.nz
Wed Jul 12 09:58:48 UTC 2017

Hello,

I would like to make PLATFORM a requirement on armv6 as I have already enabled it on most armv6 kernels. The old PLATFORM_SMP and MULTIDELAY options have already been merged with this in preparation for it being on by default.

I have updated most of the kernel configurations built under the universe target, however the Marvell configs still need to be updated. Unfortunately they are a little more complex than the other SoCs, and as I don’t have a setup to test any changes I would like help to update this code.

The advantage of using PLATFORM is it will allow us to remove the build time checks for each SoC. This will help add the Marvell code, along with the other ARMv7+ kernels, to be integrated into the GENERIC config, easing future maintenance.

Andrew