Durable/serious arm hardware ?

Karl Denninger karl at denninger.net
Sun Jan 22 15:30:01 UTC 2017

On 1/22/2017 05:59, tech-lists wrote:
> On 22/01/2017 11:35, tech-lists wrote:
>> The rpis I treat (mainly) as single-purpose devices and for that they
>> are (in my experience) very stable. The exception being the rpi3 which
>> will be a (hardened) freebsd server for the internal network.
> aaaagh...! The exception to being a *single-purpose device!!* In other
> words, the rpi3 is multi-purpose.
>
> The rpi3 is very stable. In that it's not crashed yet unless I do
> something stupid.

I have a number of RPI2 devices in production use running
process-control type things and none of them has had stability
problems.  I *have* had SD card issues on occasion, but that's not the
machine itself..... of the RPI2s I've got in use I've had zero failures
and no stability problems at all.

--
Karl Denninger
karl at denninger.net <mailto:karl at denninger.net>