u-boot ports for Zedboard and Zybo

Thomas Skibo thomasskibo at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 19 21:45:30 UTC 2017

> On Jan 16, 2017, at 10:20 AM, Warner Losh <imp at bsdimp.com> wrote:
>
> Any chance you could rebase this onto the new u-boot-master framework?
> Or are the changes not yet merged back into u-boot upstream?
>
> Warner

I was able to fix the API compile issue but what is missing is a feature I really want which is u-boot automatically loading the PL (FPGA fabric) from “fpga.bin”.  I’ve been working on a video driver which can only work if the PL/FPGA design is loaded before the kernel is booted.  I tried to enable this feature in both your u-boot tree and the official repository and it fails to link the spl stage in both cases.

I’d like to submit these ports as I have them, based upon Xilinx’s u-boot tree at github.com/Xilinx/u-boot-xlnx.  It works great with only a simple patch.  I’d submit them via the bug system as described in the porter’s handbook.

What do you think?

—Thomas