Out of swap - NOT

Brett Wynkoop freebsd-arm at wynn.com
Mon Feb 13 21:46:16 UTC 2017

On Mon, 13 Feb 2017 15:55:11 -0500
Joe Nosay <superbisquit at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to place the swap on a separate disk such as a usb?

Yes, but I am not sure what difference that will make.  I would think a
swapfile is a swapfile.  Yes I am swapping on a file because the image
autogrew the filesystem on first boot, so no chance to set up a
partition.

It should be noted that by getting rid of the tmpfs /tmp I was able to
complete a kernel build. At no time did my monitored use of swap exceed
10%.

-Brett

wynkoop at wynn.com
917-642-6925
929-272-0000

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or
prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of
speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to
assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.