Crochet produces boom-boom build

Karl Denninger karl at denninger.net
Tue Feb 7 17:28:37 UTC 2017

On 2/7/2017 11:26, Diane Bruce wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 07, 2017 at 11:10:32AM -0600, Karl Denninger wrote:
>> On 2/7/2017 08:46, Karl Denninger wrote:
>>> Crochet, checked out -HEAD from yesterday, attempting to boot the Pi3
>>> with what it produces I get this:

>> I took Brad's image, grabbed /boot/loader.efi from that, replaced the
>> copy that Crochet built with it, and what I get it boots but SMP is
>> screwed up and it winds up with an I/O problem and panics.
>>
>> Here's the full boot sequence (with /boot/loader.efi replaced):
>>
>> RPi3 PSCI monitor installed
>> ue0: Ethernet address: b8:27:eb:4e:88:64
>> Setting hostuuid: 30303030-3030-3030-3331-346538383634.
>> Setting hostid: 0x968824d5.
>> No suitable dump device was found.
>> Starting file system checks:
>> /dev/mmcsd0s2a: FILE SYSTEM CLEAN; SKIPPING CHECKS
>> /dev/mmcsd0s2a: clean, 7272066 free (274 frags, 908974 blocks, 0.0%
>> Generating RSA host key.
>> cpufreq0: rejecting change, SMP not started yet
>> cpufreq0: rejecting change, SMP not started yet
>> cpufreq0: rejecting change, SMP not started yet
>> cpufreq0: rejecting change, SMP not started yet
>> cpufreq0: rejecting change, SMP not started yet
>> cpufreq0: rejecting change, SMP not started yet
> Have you tried cold booting this SD card since?
>
>> It appears I've either got something wrong in the cross-compiling
>> environment or -HEAD is currently broken for this architecture.....
> Diane
Uh, that is a cold boot.  Brad's image, which appears (at first blush)
to be built with defaults (which I used as well here) comes up and runs
normally, other than a few complaints about spurious interrupts while
the kernel is starting up (all CPUs start and run, etc.)

--
Karl Denninger
karl at denninger.net <mailto:karl at denninger.net>