Uboot RPI2 can get USB to scan, but doesn't see keyboard

Karl Denninger karl at denninger.net
Fri Jul 15 18:23:32 UTC 2016

I have successfully patched the u-boot code to obtain a USB scan during
pre-boot (so in theory a USB keyboard would work during u-boot time on
the Pi) but it appears that something is missing in that either the usb
keyboard never attaches (despite being declared as a legitimate input
source in stdin) or it is not being picked up in the first place.

I'm not sure which is the case and the uboot output doesn't make clear
which is the case -- has anyone else worked on this?  From what I can
discern it *does* work with Linux distributions, so it has to be
something in our config file for u-boot and not an inherently
impossibility with u-boot on this platform.

--
Karl Denninger
karl at denninger.net <mailto:karl at denninger.net>