Bizarre clone attempt failures on Raspberry Pi2...

Paul Mather paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu
Fri Jul 15 15:47:27 UTC 2016

On Jul 15, 2016, at 11:28 AM, Karl Denninger <karl at denninger.net> wrote:

[[...]]

> In addition, how does one change the 10 second boot delay in the current
> kernel to something shorter? /boot/loader.conf is ignored on ARM systems
> since they're loaded with uboot, yes?

Put 'autoboot_delay="5"' in /boot/loader.conf to change it to 5 seconds, for example.

The /boot/loader.conf file is not ignored on FreeBSD/arm systems.  As I understand it, U-Boot at some point runs ubldr, which is the normal FreeBSD loader mechanism that knows how to load the kernel; process /boot/loader.conf settings; and so on.  It works on my systems, anyway.  (I just tested the autoboot_delay setting in fact.)

Note that U-Boot also has a (3-second?) boot delay.  I don't know how to change that.

Cheers,

Paul.