[BUMP]: Re: Raspberry PI 3 - initial newb - help!

Da Rock freebsd-arm at herveybayaustralia.com.au
Wed Jul 13 02:16:35 UTC 2016

Still struggling a bit with u-boot concepts: rpi boots, looks in the mbr
with fat partition for u-boot. U-boot is not specifically in any address
as such so it has to actually look for it. So why does ubldr require a
start address? Which address is it looking for? And how do I find it?
Until I figure that out I can't compile it can I?

To clarify also, the dtb is configured in the config for u-boot? Then
u-boot passes that in to ubldr? Or can't FBSD handle that at this stage?

And has anyone tried the display connection onboard at all? Would that
work better than the hdmi by actually displaying processes occurring
like the u-boot?