make buildworld failed with error "relocation truncated to fit: R_ARM_JUMP24 against symbol `_fini'"

Hamza Sheikh fehrist at codeghar.com
Sat Jan 30 02:37:27 UTC 2016

> I've disabled setting -mlong-calls on the clang libraries for now,
> however I expect we will need to enable it again when clang 3.8.0 is
> imported. As such I would recommend anyone wishing to run buildworld on
> arm to update before this is imported.

At r294969 make buildworld is succeeding[1]. Am I correct in
understanding that after clang 3.8.0 is imported to base it will fail on
ARM again? Also, is there a fix yet for when that happens or will that
bridge be crossed when the time comes?

[1]
http://mushtarka.codeghar.com/freebsd/2016/make_buildworld_r294969.log
-- (24M size)