SPI geom_flashmap/fdt_slicer support, FDT 'resets=' support and a move of ohci_fdt.c

Steve Kiernan stevek at juniper.net
Thu Jan 28 00:36:06 UTC 2016

On Sat, 23 Jan 2016 07:18:04 +0200
Stanislav Galabov <sgalabov at gmail.com> wrote:

> It looks like only part of the original patch I submitted made it into head
> (only the mx25l part).
> We also need to change sys/conf/files as Steve pointed out, as well as
> sys/geom/geom_flashmap.c:
> https://bz-attachments.freebsd.org/attachment.cgi?id=165546

One other thing that needs to be considered. The nand driver has an ioctl
for getting chip parameters (see chip_param_io structure in
sys/dev/nand/nand_dev.h) and geom_flashmap only allows for
NAND_IO_GET_CHIP_PARAM to be passed to the provider. However, the CFI and
SPI devices do not implement this and they probably should not as-is.
Something more generic to flash devices that are handled by geom_flashmap
is probably in order.

-Steve