Cannot build RBPI2 kernel on pi

Toby misc.lists at fsck.ch
Tue Jan 12 06:18:09 UTC 2016

On 20/12/15 22:07, Toby wrote:

> make buildkernel KENRCONF=RPI2 fails with the following error:
>

> ERROR: ctfmerge: No ctf sections found to merge
> :> export_syms
> awk -f /usr/src/sys/conf/kmod_syms.awk if_de.kld  export_syms | xargs
> -J% objcopy % if_de.kld
> ld -Bshareable -d -warn-common -o if_de.ko if_de.kld
> objcopy --strip-debug if_de.ko
> ===> dtb/rpi (all)
> Generating rpi.dtb from rpi.dts
> converting rpi.dts ->
> /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/RPI2/modules/usr/src/sys/modules/dtb/rpi/rpi.dtb
> Unable to open file ./bcm2835.dtsi
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> *** Error code 139

So, am I the only one with this problem? I just tried again with a new
checkout and still the same error when building the kernel on my pi. Is
this supposed to work, or am I forced to cross-compile? I remember
having read on the list that some people compile the kernel with success
directly on their pi.

Thanks,
Toby