Can't compile ukbd into the kernel, or load it with kldload

Lee D embaudarm at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 02:58:40 UTC 2016

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to get a USB keyboard working on FreeBSD arm, for Zynq.

My problem is that trying to "kldload ukbd" gives me this error:

        link_elf: symbol genkbd_get_fkeystr undefined

When I try to compile ukbd into the kernel, using "device ukbd" in my
config file, I get an undefined reference error for that symbol and a bunch
of others.

The functions I need seem to be defined in src/sys/dev/kbd/kbd.c.  But I
can't seem to get that file to compile.  "device kbd" in my kernel
configuration file gives me a "device "kbd" is unknown" error.

Does anyone know how I can get src/sys/dev/kbd/kbd.c to compile as part of
my kernel?

Thanks,

Lee