Raspberry Pi B stuck during boot?

René Ladan rene at freebsd.org
Sat Aug 6 13:06:22 UTC 2016

Hi,

With recent versions of 11 (alpha3 and beta3) my raspberry b gets stuck
near the end of the boot. I checked the SD card and updated it to 11-beta3
using these commands (if I remember correctly, but nothing unusual):

% make buildworld TARGET=arm TARGET_ARCH=armv6
% make buildkernel KERNCONF=RPI-B TARGET=arm TARGET_ARCH=armv6
# make installworld TARGET=arm TARGET_ARCH=armv6 DESTDIR=/mnt
# make installkernel TARGET=arm TARGET_ARCH=armv6 DESTDIR=/mnt
KERNCONF=RPI-B
# make delete-old TARGET=arm TARGET_ARCH=armv6 DESTDIR=/mnt
# make delete-old-libs TARGET=arm TARGET_ARCH=armv6 DESTDIR=/mnt
# mergemaster -A armv6 -D /mnt -p
# mergemaster -A armv6 -D /mnt -U -i

See https://rene-ladan.nl/IMG_20160804_193031.jpg for a phone picture of
the TV screen where it gets stuck.