Allwinner H3 - OrangePi Plus Status

Daniel Braniss danny at cs.huji.ac.il
Tue Aug 2 10:48:44 UTC 2016

> Hi all,
>
> given that I have one of those things to play with, I wanted to ask what the status is these days?
>
> I figured that Ethernet support is working but just missing in U-Boot, video seems not to work yet (but I don't care) and as usual WiFi is not working, as there's no SDIO support. Is that correct?
>
> What's the status for SATA?
>
> And the most important question:
>
> How do I build the image for an OrangePi right now? Do I need a specific Fork off Github or do I build an Image from HEAD (12.0) or do I need some additional Patches so that things work?
>
> Can anyone give me a hint?

this is what I did (this is very fresh and experimental) but got a working image:
- use the latest current(12).
- u-boot from: https://github.com/evadot/u-boot-freebsd-port <https://github.com/evadot/u-boot-freebsd-port>
  mkdir
  cp u-boot-orangepi-pc/*
  cd u-boot-orangepi-plus
  apply patch:

- build an ssd image:
	I’m attaching a wip. don’t just run it!

- to cross compile:
	cd $current-source;
        make TARGET_ARCH=armv6 build world
        make TARGET_ARCH=armv6 DESTDIR=/mnt-root installworld
        make TARGET_ARCH=armv6 KERNCONF=ALLWINNER buildkernel
	make TARGET_ARCH=armv6 KERNCONF=ALLWINNER DESTDIR=/mnt-root installkernel

if you got here we are almost done :-)
you will need an orangepi-plus.dtb