BeagleBone Green

Jim Thompson jim at netgate.com
Mon Sep 28 21:38:06 UTC 2015

> On Sep 28, 2015, at 2:21 PM, George Rosamond <george at ceetonetechnology.com> wrote:
>
> At MakerFaire NYC this weekend, I found out that the BeagleBone Green
> was released.  Cheaper than the Black, the only difference I saw was
> 'grooves' for four-pin connections to an array of sensors they are
> offering, eg, environmental, GPS, etc
>
> It wasn't available at the event, but it looks like the specs (and I
> think the chipset) are the same, if not identical.
>
> Anyone have one and build successfully?

Differences between the Beaglebone Green and Beaglebone Black:

2x Grove connectors on Beaglebone Green (as you outlined)

Beaglebone Green eliminates microSD, HDMI and 5VDC barrel, and this is what drives the $16 (list) price reduction.

Power on Beaglebone Green is only via micro USB (Beaglebone Black uses mini USB or separate 5VDC barrel)

Otherwise, specs and chipset are, (as you surmised) identical.

Jim