NFS Root with Raspberry Pi (nfs_diskless: no interface)

Randy Westlund rwestlun at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 16:18:37 UTC 2015

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 04:07:10PM +0300, Daniel Braniss wrote:
> how do you configure ubldr to do th dhcp/bootp?
>
> danny

I didn't do anything special.  As I understand it, it's a combination of
three things:

- variables passed up from u-boot let it use the NIC

- the next-server and root-path options from the DHCP server let it
  mount the NFS / dir and read the kernel and fstab

- this line in fstab is what it passes to the kernel, which is how the
  kernel knows what to mount

192.168.1.254:/usr/raspi_root / nfs rw 0 0

Randy