Instability likely related to new pmap on Cubieboard A10

Dmitry Marakasov amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru
Tue Sep 1 13:01:34 UTC 2015

* Svatopluk Kraus (onwahe at gmail.com) wrote:

> >> Thanks. Meantime, I tried most recent HEAD on pandaboard and
> >> beaglebone black and no problem there. Do you have enabled INVARIANTS
> >> and INVARIANT_SUPPORT in your config?
> >
> > I've enabled them at some point - at least last two runs had these
> > enabled. Any other way I could help? Maybe I should check if it was
> > new pmap commit which caused this, and if not, bisect it?
> >

> Can you try attached semi-debug patch, please? I want to be sure that
> problem is not on patched place.

Sorry for delay, I was short on time last week, and then I was busy with
setting up tftp/nfs netboot for my cubieboard. Now it finally works
and I'd say it's pretty cool when I can test another build without
plugging sd card around. Unfortunately, with this setup panic doesn't
reproduce: there are just around 10 sh(1) segfaults during init, and
then it boots into somehow usable state. Only once I've had panic with
your latest patch applied:

https://people.freebsd.org/~amdmi3/pmap4.log

With my new netboot, I plan to try to bisect it; for panic debugging I
guess I'll have to get back to plugging SD around. If you want me to do
more panic tests, could we please revisit which patches should be
applied cause I'm kinda lost in them.

--
Dmitry Marakasov   .   55B5 0596 FF1E 8D84 5F56  9510 D35A 80DD F9D2 F77D
amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru  ..:  jabber: amdmi3 at jabber.ru      http://amdmi3.ru