having trouble booting 10.2 and current on pi B+

laszlo vagner george at vagner.com
Wed Oct 21 17:43:54 UTC 2015

currently trying to boot pretty much any version of freebsd on my PI B+
(not pi2)

i successfully booted and ran rasbian fine so i know the hardware is
working.

got the current version from here

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/arm/armv6/ISO-IMAGES/11.0/FreeBSD-11.0-CURRENT-arm-armv6-RPI-B-20151016-r289420.img.xz

uncompressed it using 7zip on a win7 x64 machine then used
win32diskimager to write it to the micro sdcard.

what i end up with is
in: serial
out: lcd
err: lcd
mbox: timeout waiting for response
bcm2835: could not set USB power state
Net: Net Initialization Skipped
No ethernet found
**unrecognized filesystem type**
hit any key to stop auto boot: 0
booting from: mmc 0 ubldr
**unrecognized filesystem type**
U-boot >

tried this with the 10-2 version also same result.
tried using both versions on 3 different sdcards same thing.

i cannot get past this error as even the keyboard dont work.

need some help.

all of this worked fine on my pi2 B model (using current of course) but
the pi B+ wont boot.

George