Removal of more old SoC support

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sun Oct 18 21:52:08 UTC 2015

> On Oct 18, 2015, at 3:16 PM, Andrew Turner <andrew at fubar.geek.nz> wrote:
>
> I'm planning on removing some old ARMv4/ARMv5 SoC support from HEAD. The
> following directories will be removed:
> samsung/s3c2xx0
> xscale/i80321
> xscale/i8134x
>
> These config files will be removed as they build the code in one of the
> above directories: CRB, EP80219, IQ31244, LN2410SBC. Any further config
> files are expected to stay. This won't touch the AVILA, or CAMBRIA
> files.
>
> Does anyone have any objections to this?

None of these removals affect any currently active FreeBSD as far as
I know. The old XSCALE boards are vanishingly rare inside the project.
These files don’t make up the more popular AVILA or CAMBRIA boards
that were used by at least a few developers in the project. The Samsung
stuff doesn’t affect any of these current Chromebook users, and its been
a while since those boards were current and never were that popular
in the project.

As we’ve been cleaning up the ARM support, support for these systems
just have added extra work. And they were impossible to test since there
were so few (no?) resources to test them on.

Warner