Raspberry Pi Camera: not tested, does that mean the device/code exists?

The Lost Admin thelostadmin at gmail.com
Tue May 26 14:51:43 UTC 2015

I noticed that the only thing on the Wiki page for the Pi that isn’t “Ok” is the Pi Camera module. I’ve got a Pi (model 1) with a camera module. How far along (if at all) is work on the camera interface code?

Are there kernel modules/drivers? Are there appropriate /dev entries? Is the raspistill and raspivid application code ported from Raspbian? How bad is “not tested” on the wiki page?

I’m not afraid to compile things from source and do some testing but I haven’t done any real programming in about 15 years. I might be able to tweak a few lines of code in the applications if need be but I’m pretty sure writing a kernel module or device driver is beyond my current skills.

The Lost Admin
thelostadmin at gmail.com