panic: arm_unmask_irq [was: Re: TI platforms code update: switching to vendor FDT data]

Ian Lepore ian at freebsd.org
Mon May 25 00:58:05 UTC 2015

On Sun, 2015-05-24 at 17:54 -0700, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:
> > On May 24, 2015, at 5:41 PM, Ian Lepore <ian at freebsd.org> wrote:
> >
> > "ti,aintc" is the compat string from the old fdt data, the new one that
> > teh driver now recognizes would be "ti,am33xx-intc”.
>
> Noticed that too. Trying to boot now and see if I can recover
> the BBB.
>
> It would have been nice if we would match our own device type
> for a while longer...
>
> --
> Marcel Moolenaar
> marcel at xcllnt.net

That would probably work for the interrupt controller, but would fail
completely for many other devices.  We did a pretty bad thing when we
started making up our own fdt data long ago.  It turns out how we
structure our drivers is necessarily dictated by the linux developers
who write fdt data.  The data they decide to include and how they
structure it leaves us little choice.

-- Ian