Partition type without symbolic name, on gpart

Matías Perret Cantoni perretcantonim at gmail.com
Mon May 18 20:53:23 UTC 2015

Hi!

I was following this steps (https://wiki.freebsd.org/FreeBSD/arm/Zedboard)
for building images for the ZedBorad. I came across with this command:

gpart add -s64m -t \!14 md0

The -t indicates the type for the new partition. The gpart manual says:
"Partition types are identified on disk by particular strings or magic
values. The gpart utility uses symbolic names for common partition types..."

So I guess that "-t \!14" indicates a type that doesn't have a symbolic
name. Is this correct?

Anyway.. what does it means the string "\!14"?

Thanks in advance.
Matias.