Heads-up regarding arm/armv6 snapshot builds

Thomas Skibo thomasskibo at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 10 16:40:18 UTC 2015

> On May 10, 2015, at 8:26 AM, Ian Lepore <ian at freebsd.org> wrote:
>
> We should just turn your u-boot changes into a port.  (Hmm, wasn't there
> a licensing question on one of the files it needs, though?)

Most of the patches I put in crochet (in board/ZedBoard/files) deal with the earlier version of the gcc cross-compiler that crochet uses.  They probably  no longer necessary.

The files you’re thinking about are the board-specific ps7_init.[ch] files generated by Xilinx tools.  The tools now generate two sets of files, one with a GPL license and one with a BSD-like license.  I included the BSD-like files for crochet. The files need to be dropped into a directory so that u-boot gets the correct hardware initialization for the board.  I’d like to include ps7_init files for other boards too (MicroZed, Zybo) and tweak the Makefiles so that the proper ones are moved or soft-linked (into spl/board/xilinx/zynq) during the configuration.

———
Thomas Skibo
thomasskibo at sbcglobal.net