Heads-up regarding arm/armv6 snapshot builds

Thomas Skibo thomasskibo at sbcglobal.net
Sat May 9 20:55:34 UTC 2015

> On May 9, 2015, at 12:43 PM, Glen Barber <gjb at FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>

> An important note for people using the Zedboard:
> A port of u-boot for this board does not currently exist in the Ports
> Collection, and as a result, support for building the ZEDBOARD image has
> been dropped.  If someone is already working on a port of this u-boot,
> please let me know.  Otherwise, I will work on the port as soon as
> possible.

Hi, Glen.

I have been supporting Zedboard in crochet.  Crochet builds u-boot for the Zedboard by lightly patching u-boot source from Xilinx (https://github.com/Xilinx/u-boot-xlnx).  I have one more patch to send Tim so that crochet always builds u-boot from release v2014.4 because the latest release (v2015.1) broke some things which will require other tweaks to crochet.

But, I wonder if there is sufficient interest in FreeBSD on the Zedboard to warrant you going to the trouble to build snap-shots.

> Thanks.
>
> Glen
> Hat:	RE

—Thomas