porting freebsd-arm on FastModels - CortexA15

Julien Grall julien.grall.oss at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 21:03:00 UTC 2015

Hi,

On 15/06/2015 12:41, Mihai Carabas wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 13, 2015 at 4:59 PM, Mihai Carabas <mihai.carabas at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> I managed to pass through all these problems by fixing the DTS bugs (with
> some workarounds) that appeared and enabling some register access from
> secure-world in the boot-wrapper (the machine starts in SecureWorld and
> must give access to all coprocessors for NormalWorld).
>
> I've managed to get to interrupt controller and timer initialization, and
> it breaks at uart_ungrab [1]. Before this are some strange erros regarding
> the interrupts-cells. I don't understand why it complains with that 3 value
> (indeed the parent has size 3 for interrupts-cells, but the child node has
> it's value at 1). Anyone has any idea why this is happening?

I've got a similar issue with DTS shipped with ARMv8 Foundation model.
Although they are not very important, FreeBSD can continue to boot
without damage, but you won't be able to use the offending device.

I'm still trying to figure out what's going on. But I expect to see an
issue in the ofw driver as the DTS is valid.

Regards,

--
Julien Grall