FreeBSD_HEAD_arm64 - Build #952 - Fixed

jenkins-admin at FreeBSD.org jenkins-admin at FreeBSD.org
Mon Aug 24 20:53:32 UTC 2015

FreeBSD_HEAD_arm64 - Build #952 - Fixed:

Build information: https://jenkins.FreeBSD.org/job/FreeBSD_HEAD_arm64/952/
Full change log: https://jenkins.FreeBSD.org/job/FreeBSD_HEAD_arm64/952/changes
Full build log: https://jenkins.FreeBSD.org/job/FreeBSD_HEAD_arm64/952/console

Change summaries:

287117 by cem:
Import ioat(4) driver

I/OAT is also referred to as Crystal Beach DMA and is a Platform Storage
Extension (PSE) on some Intel server platforms.

This driver currently supports DMA descriptors only and is part of a
larger effort to upstream an interconnect between multiple systems using
the Non-Transparent Bridge (NTB) PSE.

For now, this driver is only built on AMD64 platforms.  It may be ported
to work on i386 later, if that is desired.  The hardware is exclusive to
x86.

Further documentation on ioat(4), including API documentation and usage,
can be found in the new manual page.

Bring in a test tool, ioatcontrol(8), in tools/tools/ioat.  The test
tool is not hooked up to the build and is not intended for end users.

Submitted by:	jimharris, Carl Delsey <carl.r.delsey at intel.com>
Reviewed by:	jimharris (reviewed my changes)
Approved by:	markj (mentor)
Relnotes:	yes
Sponsored by:	Intel
Sponsored by:	EMC / Isilon Storage Division
Differential Revision:	https://reviews.freebsd.org/D3456

287116 by adrian:
Enable hardfloat for assembly generation.

gcc versions later than 4.2 started erroring out on seeing hardware
floating point references when soft-float was enabled.

Reviewed by:	imp

287115 by bz:
When forking a child process with PMC_F_DESCENDANTS set in pmc_attach()
in the parent, we will inherit the pmcids but cannot execute any operations
on them in the child.  The reason for this is that pmc_find_pmc() only
tries to find the current process on the owners hash list, but given the
child does not own the attachment, we cannot find it.
Thus, in case the initial lookup fails, try to find the pmc_process state
affiliated with the child process, lookup the pmc from there using the
row index, and get the owner process from that pmc.
Then continue as normal and lookup the pmc context of the owner (process).

This allows us to call, e.g., pmc_start() in the child process before we
start the work there, but to collect the accumulated results later in
the parent.

Sponsored by:		DARPA,AFRL
Obtained from:		L41
Tested by:		rwatson, L41
MFC after:		4 weeks
Reviewed by:		gnn
Differential Revision:	https://reviews.freebsd.org/D2052

287114 by marcel:
Fix build for architectures that define wchar_t as an unsigned int.

Reported by: bz@