Ports Raspberry pi

Remko Lodder remko at FreeBSD.org
Fri Oct 31 10:38:48 UTC 2014

> On 31 Oct 2014, at 11:34, Henrique Utsch <henriqueutsch at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Dear friend, I try compile ports on FreeBSD 11 in my rapberry pi but is too
> long time.
> I see that FreeBSD is Tier 2 and no have packages for Rasp
> When FreeBSD turn Tier1?
> How fast compile ports for Rasp on FreeBSD?
> Thanks
> Henrique T. A. Utsch
> www.henriqueutsch.com
> https://www.facebook.com/henrique.utsch

Hello,

At least Sean Bruno and I have test builders that include (Sean: all, mine just a selection) of ports.
In my VM with Sean’s instruction on how it should work, compiling ports does not go too fast. I am not
sure whether that is a real life scenario on regular hardware as well or that it’s the overhead of the
VM.

I think that when Sean is able to quickly produce ports on regular hardware (amd64 fast boxes) this
might change..

Cheerio
Remko