PRU on BBB

Rui Paulo rpaulo at me.com
Sat Oct 25 16:32:15 UTC 2014

On Oct 25, 2014, at 06:28, Manuel Stühn <freebsdnewbie at freenet.de> wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I'm a great fan of FreeBSD and was very glad to see, that FreeBSD supports the beaglebone black. Even the PRUs, which I want to put into operation, are supported by FreeBSD. But unfortunately i do not have a clue, how the driver is intended to be used. For linux there is some API/docu to load/start/stop and communicate with the PRU.
>
> Did anyone put the PRUs already into operation with FreeBSD and could give me a hint how this is done?

There's a work in progress PRU library:

https://bitbucket.org/rpaulo/libpru

And a program to upload binaries to the PRU:

https://bitbucket.org/rpaulo/pructl

These don't have documentation yet and you have to build them yourself, but that should be straightforward.

You can use the assembler from ports: devel/pasm.

--
Rui Paulo