make xdev-links

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sun Oct 19 20:03:19 UTC 2014

On Oct 19, 2014, at 3:46 AM, Jeroen Hofstee <jeroen at myspectrum.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I noticed that the xdev target no longer installs the long names, but it needs
> the xdev-links target for that purpose. However if you try to use that compiler you get:
>
> armv6-freebsd-cc main.c
> ERROR: Source object /tmp/main-2cb9c8.o has EABI version 0, but target a.out has EABI version 4

that’s weird. Looks like you tried to build in a stale tree, or with the wrong binaries
since one of them is old ABI while the other one is new EABI 4 that we implement.

> If the symlinks are renamed to armv6-freebsd-gnuebi-* compiling works fine.
> Should such a rename be considered?

The links aren’t causing that error. They won’t be renamed. If there’s a real bug here,
it needs to be fixed elsewhere.

> Unrelated, since crochet wants to be run as root, I noticed u-boot will stop
> compiling, since the root shell has VENDOR set to amd, overwriting the actual
> board VENDOR in the Makefiles.

That’s odd. It shouldn’t be doing that. Any idea where that’s coming from?

Warner