Online.net new offer featuring ARMv7 based servers [LONG]

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Wed Oct 15 01:56:07 UTC 2014

On Oct 14, 2014, at 3:44 PM, Zbigniew Bodek <zbb at freebsd.org> wrote:

> Also, there is FDT support in FreeBSD but the DTS file is different
> for FreeBSD and Linux (you can check out
> sys/boot/fdt/dts/arm/db78460.dts). In theory Linux DTS file will not
> work with our kernel but with very little work one can tune FreeBSD's
> DTS as desired (I know that this isn't exactly how FDT should work
> since DTS is supposed to be OS-independent).

The ideal we’re striving for is to be able to use unmodified vendor DTS
files. We’re not there yet, and there’s some issues that need to be overcome
in specific cases before we will be there. If you or anybody else is doing
work in this area, please consider improving the compatibility. We’ll gain
more in the long run, imho.

Warner