Forwarding traffic on Pi - no longer works

Stephen Woolerton direct727 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 02:58:25 UTC 2014

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone else is having an issue with nat and network forwarding, on FreeBSD 10.x releases since June.

Here is the configuration
 - home network on the built-in NIC, "ue0"
 - Internet router attached to an Apple USB adaptor, "ue1"
 - rc.conf has gateway_enable="YES"
 - pf.conf pretty much just has a NAT rule

pf.conf --------------
int_if="ue0"
ext_if="ue1"
localnet = $int_if:network
nat on $ext_if from $localnet to any -> ($ext_if)
pass in all
pass out all

I've tried a number of releases since early June, including 10.1 beta3, but they all fail to forward packets using the configuration above. As a check I also set up a fresh image based on my June snapshot, with just the settings above and forwarding worked.

Both adaptors are working fine on the Pi itself.

Thanks
Stephen