testing new pmap code

John-Mark Gurney jmg at funkthat.com
Wed Jul 23 18:47:26 UTC 2014

Alan Cox wrote this message on Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 11:27 -0500:
> About a week ago I committed some new pmap code on all architectures,
> including arm.  However, that code isn't "active" until the attached
> patch is committed.  Before I commit this patch, I'd like to ask people
> to test it on arm "classic" and especially v6.  (The v6 pmap changes
> were more complicated.)

Tested on AVILA...  W/o the kernel patch the machine froze after only
a few loops...  I will admit that the kernel that froze was old code
from a couple months ago...

w/ the patch (and a current HEAD), it's stable and has looped many more
times than the previous kernel...

Tested w/ the patch:
FreeBSD avila.funkthat.com 11.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT #30 r269019M: Wed Jul 23 11:17:28 PDT 2014     jmg at carbon.funkthat.com:/usr/obj/arm.armeb/usr/src.avila/sys/AVILA  arm

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579