sound on RPi-B?

John-Mark Gurney jmg at funkthat.com
Sun Jul 20 22:25:19 UTC 2014

Anton Shterenlikht wrote this message on Tue, Jul 08, 2014 at 20:54 +0100:
> If I want sound from an RPi-B, do I just
> follow the handbook, or are there any
> special considerations?
> In particular, it seems I can draw sound
> in 2 ways, via a dedicated sound port,
> or via HDMI. I'm using an HDMI to VGA
> adapter that provides a separate sound
> output. I see there is no sound driver
> in the default kernel, but since HDMI
> is supported, I wonder if I have sound
> support already?

It looks like we just use the VideoCore services, and there isn't a
sound driver yet...  I'm not familar w/ the RPI, but it looks like
for now, you'll need to use a USB sound adapter...  This should work
as I've recently gotten USB sound working on my BBB...

Good luck...

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579