official packages for arm?

Lundberg, Johannes johannes at brilliantservice.co.jp
Mon Jul 7 00:54:54 UTC 2014

Is building a subset of the packages an option? I mean, maybe only the top
10% of most frequent installed packages would cover 99% of all use cases
(numbers just a guess).. The remaining 1% would have to build from ports
themselves.

--
Johannes Lundberg

On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 3:57 AM, Nathan Whitehorn <nwhitehorn at freebsd.org>
wrote:

> On 07/06/14 10:37, Warner Losh wrote:
>

>>  5. The default RPI-B kernel is very lean:

>>> The on-board Ethernet for RPi is actually connected
>>> through USB.  If you remove USB Ethernet, you have
>>> removed Ethernet.
>>>
>>> Removing what you don't need will free up more RAM,
>>> which is always good.
>>>
>> Short of a dedicated building cluster of about 30 ARM machines, doing a
>> full package build on ARM within a few days is a pipe-dream. We might be
>> able to get it under a week with qemu.
>>

> For sure. From the project perspective, though, I don't see a huge problem
> with it taking a few weeks on a handful of CPUs rather than a few days on
> 30. We've waited years for packages anyway. As a happy side-effect, we also
> get to stress-test the operating system.
> -Nathan

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
秘密保持について:この電子メールは、名宛人に送信したものであり、秘匿特権の対象となる情報を含んでいます。
もし、名宛人以外の方が受信された場合、このメールの破棄、およびこのメールに関する一切の開示、
複写、配布、その他の利用、または記載内容に基づくいかなる行動もされないようお願い申し上げます。
---
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information in this email is confidential
and intended solely for the addressee.
Disclosure, copying, distribution or any other action of use of this
email by person other than intended recipient, is prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient and have received this email in
error, please destroy the original message.