Raspberry Pi Binary Snapshot of 10.0?

Jordan Starcher jstarcher at gmail.com
Fri Jan 24 01:01:11 UTC 2014

> Do you have console access to it?  I'm curious where it gets stuck, and
> even more curious if there is network activity afterwards (in
> particular, I wonder if console output is being misdirected).

I have it connected to my TV. It doesn't appear to have network access
after getting stuck. The keyboard also doesn't do anything. See the image
linked below for details.

> Have you tried to add
> set hw.bcm2835.sdhci.hs="0"
> set hw.bcm2835.min_freq="8000000"
> to your /boot/loader.rc ?
> best regards,
> Andreas

I have not tried this as I don't have a FreeBSD machine with an SD Card
reader to edit the files in the UFS mount.

> I gave the 10.0-RELEASE build a shot and it gets stuck early on in the
> boot
> > kernel section.
> Can you provide more details?

http://imgur.com/UGRZAuA

Another interesting note. I purchased a brand new SanDisk Class 10 16gb SD
Card today and flashed the 10.0-PRERELEASE image. I was surprised when I
went to boot the new card and it got stuck at Error 19 when mounting UFS
partition. I figured out a trick: I moved the lock switch on the card to
the middle of the card, ever slightly biased toward the unlocked side,
rebooted and it mounted without issue. Perhaps the SD Card reader on these
are picky about where the lock switch is? I knew this trick because my
MacBook Pro card reader acts the same way.