About FreeBSD support one more mini-pc

Weiß, Jürgen weiss at uni-mainz.de
Fri Feb 21 23:40:41 UTC 2014

> The problem is that until the MMU is turned on we can't access normal
> data, bss, or even call a named function.  You can only run position-
> independant code, and that doesn't mean PLT and GOT stuff, it means you
> can only get the address of something as an offset from the current PC.
> The FDT code isn't amenable to running like that.
>
> However, I think the suggestion offered by Juergen is a good one:  if
> the MMU is on at entry, then our locore.S code needs to treat it as a
> mapping (set ttb) change and do the cache maintenance sequences you
> would do for that, as opposed to the sequences required to turn it on
> for the first time.  Hopefully that's all that's needed and the L2 cache
> isn't involved in the problem.  I'm going to give that a try this
> weekend.

After some reseach, I at least understand, why I can boot FreeBSD with
ubldr without any problems. I thought that the temperatures in my living
room cannot be responsible for this.

I use mkimage to generate an uImage from ubldr. And the bootm command
of u-boot, when booting an uImage disables and flushes all the L1 caches ......

Juergen

Juergen Weiss      |Universitaet Mainz, Zentrum fuer Datenverarbeitung,
weiss at uni-mainz.de |55099 Mainz, Tel: +49(6131)39-26361, FAX: +49(6131)39-26407