About FreeBSD support one more mini-pc

Tom Everett tom at khubla.com
Wed Feb 19 20:32:48 UTC 2014

I would happily build a crochet-FreeBSD build for this, if it had a chance
of working.   I don't see a kernel config or any .dts files for this board
on the tree, however, so those would have to be built out?

ps:I'm happy to buy my own hardware for it.

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 11:41 AM, Ian Lepore <ian at freebsd.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 2014-02-18 at 22:30 +0600, Гуляев Гоша wrote:
> > Good day!
> >
> > I see very interesting devices availaible here:
> http://imx.solid-run.com/
> > That devices based on Freescale i.MX6 chipsets.
> >
> > And my question is:
> >  1. Is FreeBSD has has support that platform?
> >  2. If not, is it interesting for any developers, that I'm buy that
> device for you and you will play with it and bring FreeBSD support on it? :)
>
> We have some support for imx6 now, and we're actively working to expand
> it.  Devices that work include uart, sdcard, ethernet, and usb.  We
> don't have wifi, audio, or video drivers yet.  We don't have SMP yet,
> although some people have patches that have it working with perhaps some
> stability issues.
>
> I wouldn't expect too much trouble to get that box booting, but be sure
> to get a model that has a serial console port, since we don't have video
> drivers for a console yet.
>
> -- Ian

A better world shall emerge based on faith and understanding  - Douglas
MacArthur