BeagleBone/eMMC boot oddity

Tim Kientzle kientzle at freebsd.org
Tue Apr 22 02:27:36 UTC 2014

On Apr 21, 2014, at 5:48 AM, Sulev-Madis Silber (ketas) <madis555 at hot.ee> wrote:

> On 2014-04-21 02:24, Tim Kientzle wrote:
>> Trying to take advantage of eMMC booting and running into a snag.
>

> Can you give me uboot version you're using (2014.01?) and your current
> set of patches for it so I could test it too?

I’m using Crochet with no other patches.

Ian Lepore’s suggestion of adding

  loaderdev=disk1

to bb-uenv.txt on the MSDOS partition fixed it for me so that it always boots from eMMC even if there is an SD card inserted.  Otherwise, it tries to boot from SD if there is an SD card and only boots from eMMC if there is no SD card inserted.

Cheers,

Tim