NETGRAPH not working on ARM?

Maksim Yevmenkin maksim.yevmenkin at gmail.com
Tue May 28 17:07:37 UTC 2013

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 5:01 AM, Ruben de Groot <fbsd-arm at bzerk.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to port an embedded bluetooth scanner running debian to FreeBSD on a RPi. De usb dongle is recognized as ubt0, but I can't get it to work.
>
> root at raspberry-pi:~ # service bluetooth start ubt0
> /etc/rc.d/bluetooth: ERROR: Unable to setup Bluetooth stack for device ubt0

this should not be required if you are running devd(8). devd will
automatically issue start when device is attached.

> In my custom kernel I have:
>
> # USB bluetooth
> options        NETGRAPH                # netgraph(4) system
> options        NETGRAPH_BLUETOOTH              # ng_bluetooth(4)
> options        NETGRAPH_BLUETOOTH_UBT          # ng_ubt(4)
> options        NETGRAPH_BLUETOOTH_HCI          # ng_hci(4)
> options        NETGRAPH_BLUETOOTH_BT3C         # ng_bt3c(4)
> options        NETGRAPH_BLUETOOTH_L2CAP        # ng_l2cap(4)
> options        NETGRAPH_BLUETOOTH_SOCKET       # ng_btsocket(4)
> options        NETGRAPH_BLUETOOTH_UBTBCMFW     # ubtbcmfw(4)
>
> But:
>
> root at raspberry-pi:~ # ngctl list
> ngctl: can't create node: No such file or directory
>
> Is Netgraph not supposed to work in freebsd-arm?

you are missing more netgraph modules, NETGRAPH_SOCKET is missing for
sure. would it be possible to try and use modular GENERIC kernel first
and get it to work before try stripping things down.

thanks
max