[CFT] Exynos5250

Ruslan Bukin br at bsdpad.com
Thu May 23 15:02:10 UTC 2013

Hi!

I'm happy to introduce freebsd/arm port for Samsung Exynos processors.
THe port covers initial, very limited support for Exynos5250
and includes: GIC, ARMv7 Generic Timer, USB EHCI, UART.
Clocks still handled by uboot.

For develop and tests I used Arndale Board and u-boot by linaro
(git://git.linaro.org/boot/u-boot-linaro-stable.git)

One thing that stumped me for a while is that the interrupt controller
driver, gic.c, do works with Group 0 (secure) type of interrupts,
but u-boot switches them all to be in Group 1 (non-secure).
So I had to switch them back in gic.c.

Big thanks to ray@ for help and understanding. Thanks, Ray! :)

code lives here:
  http://hg.bsdpad.com/

Known problems:
 1. If specify more than 512MB RAM then panic occurs:
    panic: kmem_suballoc: bad status return of 3
 2. SMP code exists, but don't properly works due to some
    problems in SMP on arm

-Ruslan