New pmap-v6.c features and improvements

Zbyszek Bodek zbb at semihalf.com
Tue May 21 12:45:58 UTC 2013

Hello Everyone,

I would like to introduce another pack of patches for pmap-v6.c and
related, that we created as a part of Semihalf work on Superpages support.

The patches include some major changes like:

- Switch to AP[1:0] access permissions model
- Transition of the mapping related flags to PTE (stop using PVF_ flags
   in pv_entry)
- Rework of the pmap_enter_locked() function
- pmap code optimizations

And some minor clean-ups:

- Get rid of the VERBOSE_INIT_ARM option
- Clean-ups, style and naming improvements to pmap

Please check out the attachment for details.

I will be happy to answer your questions and doubts if any.

Best regards
Zbyszek Bodek