Port: U-Boot for BeagleBone

Tim Kientzle kientzle at freebsd.org
Fri May 17 20:23:01 UTC 2013

I'm trying to move the actual building of boot loaders out of Crochet and into FreeBSD ports.

Here's the first attempt at such a port (many thanks to Diane Bruce for patiently tutoring me through this):

 http://people.freebsd.org/~kientzle/u-boot-beaglebone.tgz

I'd appreciate any feedback:
 * Can you build this?
 * Suggestions for improving it?

If this works, I plan to use it as a template for U-Boot for other platforms (RaspberryPi, Pandaboard, etc.).  Crochet would then rely on these ports instead of building boot loaders itself.  Even better, these will eventually be built by the package system and available through packages.

Tim

P.S.  Looking for a ports committer to work with me on getting these into the ports tree.