Is this related to the general panic discussed in freebsd-current?

Werner Thie werner at thieprojects.ch
Mon May 6 07:26:57 UTC 2013

On 5/6/13 7:44 AM, Tim Kientzle wrote:
> On May 5, 2013, at 10:39 PM, Tim Kientzle wrote:
>>
>> Here's a version of stack_capture that allows a Clang-built
>> OABI kernel with WITNESS enabled to boot:
>>
>> /* In sys/arm/arm/stack_machdep.c */
>> static void
>> stack_capture(struct stack *st, u_int32_t *frame)
>> {
>>         vm_offset_t callpc;
>>
>>         stack_zero(st);
>>         while (INKERNEL(frame)) {
>>                 callpc = frame[1];
>>                 if (stack_put(st, callpc) == -1)
>>                         break;
>>                 frame = (u_int32_t *)(frame[0]);
>>         }
>> }
>
> On a related note:  With this change, a Crochet-built BeagleBone
> image does boot on BeagleBone Black.  ;-)

Hi Tim

Thxs for the nudge with the config.sh, I'm really not into shell
programming.

Yesterday I did an image with WITNESS disabled and the only observation
I can share is, that FreeBSD crashes silently and is highly instable
when the BeagleBone is powered by USB only, switching to the 5V external
power supply its now building python27 just ok right now.

Werner