libffi on beaglebone black (fbsd 10)?

George W. Dinolt gdinolt at pacbell.net
Sat Jul 6 22:12:17 UTC 2013

Hi all:

I have been playing around with the Beaglebone Black. I have FreeBSD 10
running on it. ( Thanks Tim Kientzle for crochet support).  I have been
able to build bash, python-2.7.5 and several other programs on it.
Several programs (specifically db42 and its dependents) don't compile
with clang 3.3 on the beaglebone, but do so with the gcc.  More data
available if someone is interested.

The bash, python and other programs run but python fails on importing
ctypes, which, in turn, depends on libffi interface. Python raises a
"Signal 6" (SIGABRT)  signal and quits. As an experiment,  I tried
building libffi from devel/ports but the "make check" program in the
build directory FAILS on all tests.

Does anyone have any clues as to how to get libffi working?
Unfortunately my real work doesn't give me time to debug this.

Thanks,
G Dinolt