[CFT + RFC] FDT resource management (patch)

Aleksandr Rybalko ray at freebsd.org
Thu Feb 28 23:36:02 UTC 2013

Hi,

at first sorry for cross post, but IIRC we have no FDT list yet and I
don't want to break even single ppc/MPC85XX.

Now we have: fdtbus get physical address from the blob, map address
(panic on SPI CS "address" :) ) to virtual and return it as resource to
child bus (f.e. simplebus), but all other, not FDT based, ARCHes
delegate this work to parent of device who request resource. As result
we have virtual addresses in boot log + rman and it's try to map
address for not mapable buses.

Two month ago I made the patch:
http://people.freebsd.org/~ray/2012-12-25_fdt_correct_resource.diff
but testing give good results for i.MX515(Efika), BCM2835(RPi),
OMAPxxx(Pandaboard), but fail on Beagleboard.

Patch is simple, and I was surprised by BB problem, so I have to ask
help with testing on everything using fdtbus/simplebus.

Please help/test/comment!

Many thanks!

WBW
--