Dual-boot Proof-of-Concept

Tim Kientzle kientzle at freebsd.org
Wed Feb 27 16:48:01 UTC 2013

Over the weekend, I tinkered with my build scripts a bit and added
the ability to build a single image that includes both RPi and BBone
boot bits.  This will load the FreeBSD kernel and give it the appropriate
FDT for the platform it's booting on.  The configuration looks something
like this:

# config.sh
board_setup BeagleBonePlusRaspberryPi
SD_SIZE=$((1950 * MB))

Obvious problem:  We don't (yet) have a kernel that will properly
boot on either platform.  The configuration above is using RPI-B
kernel right now, but I'll be switching that around as I do more
experiments.

If anyone wants to start mixing all of RPI-B and BEAGLEBONE
kernel configs into a single GENERIC ARM kernel config, that
would be a start.  (But not sufficient, as there are a few other
differences between those two kernels that will need to be resolved.)

Tim