Raspberry Pi Network Data

Werner Thie werner at thieprojects.ch
Wed Feb 27 06:27:35 UTC 2013

Hi all

> While my Pi has been stable for a couple of weeks I have noted that
> sometimes it stops talking on the network.  At those times if I get on
> the console and ifconfig down and back up the interface it starts
> talking on the net just fine again.

My 256MB RPi came up and stayed up with an ssh session now for 5 days,
after building svn, git, python, twisted then

patched python ctypes (does abort/core on import - see bug follow up
ports/149167)

brought in a few python modules and a web application, ssh port
forwarding a couchdb on a remote server as db, sitting on my desk and
now serving the web app happily ever since. No stability problems, I'm
on the power supply with the RPi FTDI serial cable.

My 2cts, cheers Werner

PS: The Bbone does the same work right now, both systems on slightly
different images

FreeBSD raspberry-pi 10.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #0 r246947M: Tue
Feb 19 15:40:49 CET 2013

FreeBSD beagie 10.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #0 r246901M: Sun Feb 17
10:49:03 CET 2013